Please, notice that Turkish officials cannot perform a marriage that would not be approved in your own country. If your own country's laws prohibit you from marrying, you will not be able to obtain from authorities of your own country the documents that are required by Turkish marriage law.
Foreigners of the Same Nationality
If both of you share the same nationality and it is not Turkish, your marriage will be valid if conducted either by Turkish authorities or by embassy or consulate officials of your own country. (But note that not all embassies and consulates will perform marriages—check with yours.)
For marriage before Turkish authorities, you must obtain a document from the proper authorities in your own country attesting to your eligibility for marriage. This can be a marriage license or a statement (Evlenme Ehliyet Belgesi) from your country's diplomatic officers (usually a consul) resident in Turkey.
Foreigners of Different Nationalities
If you and your spouse-to-be are of different nationalities, and neither of you is a Turkish citizen, your marriage must be conducted by a Turkish official. The foreign national must obtain a document from the proper authorities in his or her own country attesting to eligibility for marriage: a marriage license, or a statement (Evlenme Ehliyet Belgesi) from embassy or consular authorities resident in Turkey.
A Foreigner Marrying a Turk
Your marriagemust be conducted by a Turkish official. You must obtain a document from the proper authorities in your own country attesting to your eligibility for marriage: a marriage license or statement (Evlenme Ehliyet Belgesi) from embassy or consular authorities resident in Turkey.Documentation Residency Requirements
There are no minimum residency requirements, providing that you obtain a Certificate of No Impediment from the relevant authority in your country ofresidence. If you have not obtained this document then you will be required to be resident in Turkey for 21 days prior to applying for a CertificateofNo Impediment, and a further 21 days for the relevant documentation to be issued. Therefore, you will need to allow a minimum of 42 days from thetime you apply for the necessary documentation to the day of your wedding ceremony.
- Certificate of No Impediment, not issued more than three months prior to the wedding day.
- Full ten year passport with minimum validity of six months.
- Full Birth Certificate.
- 8 passport sized recent colour photographs.
- If you are divorced - a Decree Absolute
- If you have changed your name - Deed Poll
- If you are adopted - Adoption Certificate.
- If you are under 18 - letter of consent from a parent or guardian.
- If both partners are foreigners then a letter should be written by the hotel that the foreigners are staying. In this letter, the duration ofstay and date of departure will be written.
- The health report should be issued by the health units (Sağlık Ocağı) or state hospitals (Devlet Hastanesi)( from Turkey). Any report tobe issued by private hospitals or clinics will not be accepted. First application should be made to the health units (Saglik Ocağı).
English(s) , Canadian, American(s), Indian(s), German(s), Scottish, Irish, Dutch, Belgian(s)Iran, Syrian, Arab, Azerbaijani, Russian,Ukrainian,Norwegian, Marrying in Turkey